Do I need to hire an attorney after I have been in a car accident?

There are many car accidents that occur every day where an attorney is not needed to obtain a full recovery. For example, if the accident results in only minor property damage and no injuries, it is normally straightforward and the insurance company may handle the claim appropriately with little trouble or frustration.

However, if you have sustained significant injuries and will have a prolonged medical or financial recovery, it is always best to hire an attorney to handle your claim. The goal of the insurance company is to pay you as little as possible. Remember, they make money collecting premiums but not paying out on claims. They will tell you very early on that they are going to take care of everything and try to make you think you can trust them to pay you fairly on your claim.

They may even make you an offer of a small amount very early on to try to get you to settle quickly and early and release them from liability. Very often this is before the true extent of your injuries is known. In almost all cases, an early settlement offer is not the true value of your case. Remember, insurance companies make money by not paying the true value of claims and keeping those funds in their bank account.

An experienced car accident attorney has the skills and knowledge to understand what your clam is worth, and will fight to get every dollar you will need to put the pieces of your life back together.

Most injury attorneys will meet with you at no charge to discuss your accident. That has also been our long-standing policy at the Studstill Firm, LLP. You can come into our office and provide all the facts and circumstances surrounding your incident, and we will give you our opinion about what you should do next, and provide experienced legal counsel if appropriate. Then you can decide whether you want to handle the case on your own or hire us to help you. Either way, you will gain valuable advice for handling your case. Please contact us today at (229) 247-2299.