Valdosta Products Liability Attorneys
Hold Companies Accountable with Studstill Firm, LLP
When we buy a product we assume that the product will work properly and perform its intended purpose safely. But when the product turns out to be unsafe and causes injuries or death, the victim may be entitled to compensation. These types of cases are called products liability claims.
Products liability claims can be filed against various people or businesses involved in the design, manufacture, and sale of the product. Defendants in the case may include the designer of the product or individual product components, the entity that manufactured the item, the wholesaler who distributed it, and the retail store owner who sold it to the consumer.
At the Georgia law offices of the Studstill Firm, LLP, we have the resources and experience to help victims of product defects obtain justice and compensation for their injuries.
Common Types of Defective Products
Most products that consumers use can be dangerous if they are not designed safely or manufactured properly. Our lawyers handle cases involving personal injuries or wrongful death from many types of defective products, including those used in the home or in the workplace.
Products that are more prone to defects in design or manufacture:
- Bike helmets (bicycle and motorcycle)
- Automobile defects, including tires, brakes, accelerators, seatbelts, air bags, and more
- Toys and products for children
- Power tools and construction equipment
- Lawn mowing equipment and landscaping tools
- Recreational vehicles, including ATVs, boats, dirt bikes, skateboards, and scooters
- Medical devices and implants
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Baby products, including cribs, car seats, swings, and jumpers
Proving a Product Is Defective
In product liability cases, it is up to the plaintiff to demonstrate that a product was defective and how it led to a particular injury. At our firm, we can compile the facts and testimony-- but the first step is determining how precisely the product was flawed.
In order to prove that a product is defective, one or more of the following must be shown:
- Design Defect: An error in design existed before the product was manufactured.
- Manufacturing Defect: An error occurred while the product was being built or produced.
- Marketing Defect: Improper instructions were provided and/or there was a failure to warn consumers about the dangers associated with the product. (Sometimes the product seller can be held responsible if it was or should have been known that the product would be used in an unsafe way.)
Proving that the product is defective is the most challenging aspect of a products liability case. Success often depends on the opinion of product experts, as well as the skill of experienced attorneys who know how to gather all of the required information and pull all pieces together into a solid case.
Recovering Compensation for Dangerous Product Injuries
The Georgia products liability lawyers at Studstill Firm, LLP have the experience and resources to win defective product claims against the biggest companies. We will aggressively pursue your products liability claim to obtain the full cash value for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous product, contact us today. All potential clients receive a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss their unique situation. In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay nothing unless we settle your case to your satisfaction, or win at trial.
We serve clients throughout Georgia and are ready to meet you at your home or hospital. Request a free, confidential case evaluation with our team today. Contact us online or call (229) 515-8900 to speak with our dedicated team.
“Best experience”- Kristen
“they did not have a problem with the questions or time it took to explain.”- Karen
“From the beginning I have been treated as a member of the “family.””- Jenny
We Will Make The Difference
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Client-Focused & Results Driven
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
Personalized Attention & Carefully Curated Legal Plans